Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm an idiot

Now, I have never said that I was the most intelligent person, but I do know a couple things about computers and really enjoy the amount of wealth that the internet has brought to my fingertips. However, I am still living like our social sites have not evolved to match the average users knowledge of technology. For example, a few years ago, when you wanted a picture off a website, you could not just simply click on the picture and select "Save picture as," and then you would have the picture on your hard drive. Similarly, not but a couple years ago, you could not just simply click the "download" button, you had to actually view the source code and then find the actual picture's URL and then open that URL and then download the picture from that source.

So, here's the part were I became an idiot. I am on my laptop at the moment, which means that I do not have the vast amount of storage and pictures that I have on my desktop at home and I wanted to update my blog and put a profile picture on this blog. So, I went to Facebook to take my profile picture from one that I have uploaded before. However, I forgot that they have placed a convenient download button on every picture on the new Facebook layout, so I went into my hacker mode and started to look through the page source (which btw, they have really beefed up the entire Facebook site, so those of you who complain about how they keep changing Facebook, you have no idea how much it has changed) to find my picture from the source and download it from there.

All in all, I felt really accomplished until I went back to Facebook and realized that I am a complete idiot for working way too hard for a picture when I just needed to click on one convenient button...

No comments:

Post a Comment